How to Watch
The official site has the schedule for the day, including the television schedule.
8 a.m.-11 a.m. CT—Texas Tech National Signing Day Show (live free event at TexasTech.TV)
Noon-12:30 p.m. CT—Texas Tech National Signing Day Special, broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest
1 p.m. CT—Signing Day Press Conference with Kliff Kingsbury (live on TexasTech.TV)
How to Track
The best way to keep track of the action is on Twitter. It’s the fastest and most free-flowing way to see what’s happening. This is the Texas Tech Twitter list that I’ve curated and hand-crafted. I’m also going to be posting the heck out of things on the Staking The Plains Facebook page. So, if you are into Facebook, I would so appreciate it if you shared our posts and Tweets. Spread the word about this class.
This is the official Twitter accounts if you’d like to follow them.
- @TTU_WreckEm is the official page for the football team.
- @TechAthletics is the official Twitter page for the athletics department.
- LB Kolin Hill (6-2/235): Hill is a transfer from Notre Dame, originally from Schertz. Hill played some as a freshman, but ended up transferring to Texas Tech after his freshman year. He’s sat out the year and will be a sophomore in 2016 with 3 years of eligibility remaining.
- DT Ondre Pipkins (6-3/330): Pipkins is a graduate transfer from Michigan, where he was essentially let go as a result of injuries or simply a scholarship drop. Pipkins will have one year of eligibility remaining.
- DE Eli Howard (6-4/247): Howard is a transfer from North Texas, where he redshirted his freshman year and was recruited by current defensive line coach Kevin Patrick, who had the same role with UNT. Howard will walk-on at Texas Tech and sit out the 2016 season, where he should be a sophomore when he can step on the field in 2017.
- LB Luke Stice (6-0/230): Stice is a walk-on fullback from Houston, who didn’t play at all in 2015 and is transferring as a graduate transfer. Stice played fullback for Houston, but is supposed to play linebacker and special teams for Texas Tech. Stice is originally from Midland.
- K Jackson Smith (5-11/165 | Waco, TX): You can check out Smith’s Hudl highlights where Smith helped lead Midway to back-to-back state championships. Smith handled both kicker and punting duties for Midway where he made 16 of 21 field goals, 63 of 65 extra points, and averaged nearly 40 yards a punt.
- DS IV Seacat (5-10/190 | Southlake, TX): Seacat is a long-snapper from Southlake Carroll who was given a preferred walk-on spot by Darrin Chiaverini. There is only one other deep snapper on the team, Kyle Heffron, who should be a junior next year. Long-time deep snapper David Brenner graduates.
- DS Connor Killian (6-3/230 | Keller, TX): Killian committed on Sunday and did some deep-snapping, tight end, h-back and even some linebacker while at Keller. Killian played at the same high school as Houston Miller.
Possible Offensive Targets
- None? As of this point, I don’t know of any that are seriously considering Texas Tech.
Possible Defensive Targets
These are the two that have been mentioned by RRS multiple times.
- Ka’Darian Smith (6-0/172 | Cornerback | Spring, TX): Smith is currently committed to Houston, a 3-star cornerback from the Houston area. I don’t know much about Smith and would be surprised if he flipped to Texas Tech. I don’t even know if Smith has visited.
- Marvin Terry (6-2/230 | Defensive End | Dallas, TX): Terry is a defensive end for South Oak Cliff, Emmett Jones former high school. Jones and Terry have a close relationship, but Terry chose Missouri over Texas Tech and I also don’t believe he visited Texas Tech. The one other thing that Texas Tech has going for them is that Missouri lost their defensive line coach to the Philadelphia Eagles after being hired earlier this year.
Texas Tech Commitment Table
This table will be updated as the commits roll in. The checkmarks should hopefully all turn green by the end of the day.
= Signed Letter of Intent with Texas Tech.
= Did not sign Letter of Intent with Texas Tech.
= Committed to Texas Tech, but has not signed Letter of Intent.
= Offered by Texas Tech, but not committed to Texas Tech.
|2016 Texas Tech Recruiting Class|
|Player||Ht/Wt.||STP Profile &
|High School or JUCO||Status|
|QB Jett Duffey||6-1/175||May 14, 2015||Lake Ridge (Mansfield, TX)|
|RB Da’Leon Ward||5-11/180||April 27, 2015||Skyline (Dallas, TX)|
|WR Antoine Cox-Wesley||6-4/180||May 13, 2015||Steele (Cibolo, TX)|
|IR Bryson Denley||5-10/175||May 16, 2015||Steele (Cibolo, TX)|
|IR De’Quan Bowman||5-11/180||May 21, 2015||Hutchinson C.C. (Hutchinson, KS)|
|Derrick Willies||6-4/210||May 21, 2015||Trinity Valley C.C. (Athens, TX)|
|T.J. Vasher||6-5/185||June 8, 2015||Rider (Wichita Falls, TX)|
|OL Giovanni Pancotti||6-6/273||May 15, 2015||Episcopal (Bellaire, TX)|
|OL Travis Bruffy||6-8/268||July 30, 2015||Ridge Point (Missouri City, TX)|
|OL Zach Adams||6-7/310||July 31, 2015||Riverbend (Fredericksburg, VA)|
|OL Bailey Smith||6-5/300||November 19, 2015||Loveyjoy (Lucas, TX)|
|DT Mychealon Thomas||6-2/324||May 25, 2015||Butler County C.C. (El Dorado, KS)|
|DT Ivory Jackson||6-4/275||June 7, 2015||Amarillo (Amarillo, TX)|
|DE Houston Miller||6-4/227||June 15, 2015||Keller (Keller, TX)|
|DE Noah Jones||6-5/255||June 16, 2015||Southmoore (Moore, OK)|
|DT Nick McCann||6-2/290||July 22, 2015||Arkansas (Texarkana, AR)|
|DT Joe Wallace||6-1/315||August 10, 2015||Skyline (Dallas, TX)|
|DE Clarence Henderson||6-1/234||August 10, 2015||Skyline (Dallas, TX)|
|LB Brayden Stringer||6-3/200||May 30, 2015||Cypress Ranch (Cypress, TX)|
|LB Johnathan Picone||6-2/212||June 14, 2015||Mandeville (Mandeville, LA)|
|LB Jordyn Brooks||6-1/232||June 19, 2015||Stratford (Houston, TX)|
|LB Kevin Moore||6-0/188||October 30, 2015||Acadiana (Lafayette, Louisiana)|
|CB DeMarcus Fields||6-1/180||June 13, 2015||Taylor (Taylor, TX)|
|CB Desmon Smith||6-2/191||November 18, 2015||Permian (Odessa, TX)|
|WR/S Douglas Coleman||6-1/175||February 1, 2016||Zachary (Zachary, LA)|
|CB Ka’Darian Smith||6-0/172||Not applicable||Spring (Spring, TX)|
|DE Marvin Terry||6-2/230||Not applicable||South Oak Cliff (Dallas, TX)|