This post is your open thread for the Big 12 tourney Championship.
Date: Saturday, March 12th
Time: 5:00 pm
Teams: #1 Kansas (29-4, 15-3) vs #2 West Virginia (26-7, 13-5)
Location: Sprint Center | Kansas City
First Regular Season Meeting: WVU won at home 74-63
Second Regular Season Meeting: Kansas won at home 75-65
About West Virginia: From wvusports.com –
- Coach Bob Huggins improved to 9-7 in conference championship play at WVU.
- The Mountaineers have won 41 of their last 42 games when holding opponents to 69 points or less.
- WVU has made at least one 3-point field goal in 556 consecutive games.
About Kansas: From kuathletics.com –
- Kansas has advanced to its 20th all-time title game in a league postseason tournament, including its 12th in the 20-year history of the Big 12.
- KU is 9-2 in tourney title games having only lost the 2002 title to Oklahoma and the 2015 title to Iowa State.
- Kansas has won more Big 12 Championships than any other school with nine. Oklahoma and Iowa State are next with three each. KU won the first three events in 1997-98-99, then the 2006-07-08-10-11-13 titles.
Prediction: WVU just won a thriller against OU, and they have to be a little wiped out. Baylor held strong with Kansas, but the Jayhawks pulled through. These two teams match-up with the series split during the regular season. WVU will fight, but Kansas should win their 14th straight game in a row to enter March Madness. I have the Jayhawks winning this one.