The game is out of town, and so am I. We are enjoying the pines and perfect weather here in Ruidoso. If you happen to be in Morgantown, the TTU Alumni will be set up for a pre-game tailgate.
A few weeks back, Seth and Travis listed their top five months of the year. October was number two on my list, but I’m rethinking that it should be at the top. The fall weather is in full effect, and fingers crossed, I just mowed my lawn for hopefully the last time this year.
Here in Ruidoso, we’ve been taking it easy this week. We’re at a cabin with tall, swaying pines right outside the back deck and have been keeping an eye on some turkeys and deer that make the rounds outside of the property.
Yesterday, we took up a recommendation from my mom for a green chile cheeseburger at Hall of Flame. Take a look at this thing:
The burger and fries were just what we needed on this lazy, sunny New Mexican day.
A few of the upcoming Lubbock happenings (see calendar for more):
- Lyle Lovett is in town tonight for An Evening of Conversation
- Texas Tech Volleyball and Soccer are in action
- Lubbock Symphony Orchestra will be performing Friday & Saturday
- Alamo Drafthouse is showing the original Friday the 13th on, well, Friday the 13th
- Llano Estacado is hosting Grape Day 2017 on Saturday
- The Turnpike Troubadours are in town for a big street concert outside of Blue Light on Saturday with Red Shahan, Dalton Domino, and Bri Bagwell
- Lubbock in the Loop has a pretty great comprehensive fall schedule of events. I’ll be linking to this one weekly for a while and will be adding some of the events to the calendar.