The TTU Alumni are putting out the vibe at Chili’s in Norman if you’re in town for the Baker Bowl.
We Lubbock’d correctly this last Friday: our office had Evie Mae’s catered for lunch (thanks to a client) then my wife and I had dinner at Crafthouse. She went with the fried beef short ribs, which were basically a different take on steak fingers, and I had the white bean chicken chili since I was still pretty full from lunch. And, since the grandparents were in town, we were able to hit up Barnes and Noble afterwards and browse. I don’t know what this says, but it’s one of our favorite things to do and we haven’t been able to go in over a year.
This weekend, we’re having some friends over for games and will be ordering our Halloween tradition jack-o-lantern pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy’s. I’m willing to bet Hocus Pocus will wind up on the TV at some point, too.
A few of the upcoming Lubbock happenings (see calendar for more):
- The first-ever Lubbock Book Festival is at the LHUCA on Saturday
- Texas Tech Volleyball and Soccer are in action
- Chris Knight, The Dirty River Boys and Eli Young Band are all playing on Friday
- The kids can enjoy Saturday’s Spooky Science Carnival at the Science Spectrum
- Watch the game with friends at The Garden
- Check out what’s showing at Alamo Drafthouse, including several Halloween favorites
- Lubbock in the Loop has a pretty great comprehensive fall schedule of events.