This game was a metaphor for the season. I did a five things on Twitter, so this is me fleshing it out a bit.
- One of the main reasons why Texas Tech struggled on offense was the lack of ability to convert third downs. Texas Tech was 5 of 14 for just 36% and that’s simply not good enough and not being able to consistently put together good drives is incredibly frustrating.
- Tre King is a blessing and I don’t know where this team would be without him. He was great early in the game and this team would absolutely be sunk without him.
- Nic Shimonek really struggles under pressure and aside from the problems last week, which is that he really just stuck to the script, this week, it was that putting pressure on Shimonek was darn near a guaranteed incompletion.
- The defense was on their heels the entire game. They never moved the pile forward and I think that speaks to the offensive line superiority compared to the rest of the Big 12. OU has some big guys on that line and they’re really good. Don’t feel bad, these guys will be back next week.
- T.J. Vasher is the real deal and he’s going to be really good if he isn’t already. With Derrick Willies not even making the trip (consider this, Jack Anderson will finish with a catch whereas Willies will not) we’re about to start the Vasher and Quan Shorts era in short order.
Guys and gals, don’t forget to flag comments that you find unacceptable. I’m reading those that are flagged, and I’m not necessarily talking about the cussing or whatever, but I’m talking about the hateful and mean pieces of shit that this site doesn’t need. Help me help you get rid of those folks.