- The defense played unbelievably. I’ll say that Texas’ offense is pretty pitiful and their QB isn’t really good at throwing the ball in complicated concepts. The defense bailed out the offense time after time. Dakota Allen and Jordyn Brooks were lights out.
- I thought the idea to start McLane Carter was one of those, “why the hell not,” and at least worth a chance. Carter is obviously raw and he still needs some refinement in terms of passing the ball. Shimonek played quite well, he got lucky with that penalty where he threw the ball behind the line of scrimmage, but he got the job done. Sometimes you get away with stuff and it seems like Texas Tech hasn’t been able to get away with that sort of thing in a long time.
- The hit on Shimonek at the 16 yard line was criminal, but it didn’t matter. Shimonek put the ball in Cameron Batson’s hands for the go-ahead touchdown.
- I think I know what happens from here on out, even though Justus Parker and Douglas Coleman made huge plays to seal the game. Game doesn’t get won without Parker and Coleman making it happen.
- This one is for you Kliff.
Texas Tech wins again on the road in Austin.