Lady Raider Basketball
Lady Raiders Earn First Big 12 Win. Congrats to the ladies and Shimmy Gray-Miller. I think that Shimmy is in a terrible spot and she’s making the best of the situation. Happy for her and the team.
RECAP | Lady Raiders Clinch First Big 12 Win
— Lady Raider WBB (@LadyRaiderWBB) January 18, 2018
Texas Tech Basketball
Winning on the Road is Tough. Thanks to Dan for writing the post-game recap of Texas Tech’s loss to Texas. I’ll say this, that winning on the road is tough. Regardless as to point spread or what you think of your team, weird things happen on the road. Ask Oklahoma who got demolished at Kansas State a few days ago. That also means that Iowa State is up next on the road. That won’t be easy despite Iowa State’s record. A couple of other things:
- Keenan Evans had his worst half of the year and was generally terrible shooting the ball. He was 0-5 from the three-point line and of those shots, I never really thought that he had a clean look.
- I become increasingly frustrated with how Niem Stevenson plays and he can be tough to watch. He only made 1-7 and there were so many times that I just didn’t want him handling the ball.
- Texas is really long and that’s a really tough match-up for this team. I thought Zhaire Smith’s second half was terrific.
- Three best players for me were Zhaire, Jarrett Culver and Brandone Francis, and Francis didn’t even shoot very well, but he was at least in the game and made things happen. Culver’s passing was terrific, scored 16 points, and also had 9 rebounds.
- Chris Beard’s presser was good, gave Texas credit and said that Texas Tech just didn’t make shots and didn’t get to the line. Agreed. Lots of 50/50 balls didn’t go Texas Tech’s way. Agreed. Sometimes this stuff just happens. Get better on Saturday.
Stay strong, Andrew. Keep fighting. pic.twitter.com/sRdJZqZ77j
— Texas Tech Basketball (@TexasTechMBB) January 18, 2018