Those of you paying attention will notice a new header photo that was taken a while back during another one of my more than successful jaunts to Evie Mae’s in Wolfforth. Yes, I ordered the beef rib with a side of brisket chili because #texasforever.
As great as that photo is, it might even be replaced after tonight’s Prime Rib Dinner. Stay tuned!
Caprock Cafe is one of my favorite places in Lubbock. I realize that I sometimes can look at food with Pecos Queso colored lenses, but I stand by that statement. They have some of the best burgers, serve the coldest beer, and have a great atmosphere for watching games. I’ll also go out on a limb and say that the Down ‘n Dirty Wings are, by far, the best wings in town. Try ’em.
Well, it was nice to realize a friend of mine feels the same way about my beloved Caprock. A group of us got together for some trivia earlier this week, and one of my friends joined us who has been in a weight loss competition at his office since the new year. The competition ends today and he is expected to win the whole durn thing. That’s great and all, but you’ll never guess where he plans to splurge that prize money on a queso burger and queso fries.
This got me to a wonderin’: where would you celebrate such a hard-earned victory if you were to win the gold in a weight loss contest?
The weather is getting nicer, still unpredictable as hell, but folks are scheduling lots of things for you to check out:
- First Friday Art Trail is this evening
- Randy Rogers is setting up shop outside Blue Light tonight with Shane Smith and Aaron Einhouse
- The LSO is completing their 2017-2018 season with Violin Virtuosity
- Texas Tech Sports in action here in Lubbock over the next several days include softball, baseball, men’s basketball, and men’s tennis
- The Science Spectrum is hosting a Severe Weather Awareness Day, which means it’ll probably hail or rain mud or haboob all over the place
- Our friends at The Plains Brew Co. will be open Saturday from 2-9pm