Here are your recruiting updates from the past week, starting with the 2019 football class:
- Steven Parker, 91 rated WDE, told EJ Holland of 247sports that he is still solid with the Red Raiders.
- Cole Mashburn, 90 rated SDE, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. Iowa State and Texas Tech are the lone Power 5 offers for the Norman native.
- Taurean Carter, 88 rated SDE, listed Texas Tech in his Top 10 last week. Other schools include Colorado, Florida, Oklahoma State and TCU.
- TQ Jackson, 88 rated WR, says he will not release a Top 10, but will commit on July 21. The Red Raiders are one of 16 schools to offer Jackson.
- Jacob Zeno, 87 rated Pro-QB, committed to Baylor on Friday. Zeno liked Tech early on, but it appeared in the last month that he was leaning towards the Bears.
- Preston Wilson, 85 rated OT, listed Texas Tech in his top group on Friday. 10 other schools are listed as well, which includes Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Vanderbilt.
- Maverick McIvor, 84 rated Pro-QB, is visiting Texas Tech starting Thursday according to Zach Tanner of 247sports. McIvor appears to be their top quarterback target for 2019.
- Ty DeArman, 84 rated WR, named Texas Tech in his Top 8 on Friday. DeArman also named Arkansas, Wisconsin and Washington State among others.
- Enoch Jackson, 84 rated DT, named Texas Tech in his Top 6 on Saturday. Jackson also named Arkansas, Georgia, Iowa, Oklahoma State and Ole Miss in the group.
- Simon Gonzalez, 83 rated TE, received an offer from Texas Tech on Friday. The offer from the Red Raiders was his first Power 5 offer.
- Cameron Cantrell, 80 rated WR commit, received WR MVP at the ETSN/APEC combine according to Gabe Brooks of 247sports. Tech target TQ Jackson was the overall offensive MVP.
- Josh White, NR 2020 LB, received an offer from Texas Tech on Friday. White has six offers so far from schools such as Baylor, Iowa State and Memphis.
- Kevin McCullar, 94 rated SF, named his Top 5 (and their official visit dates) of Kansas State (Jun. 10-12), Texas Tech (Jun. 13-15), Louisville (Jun. 18-20), Houston (Jun. 21-23) and Virginia Tech (Jun. 27-29). Jarret Johnson of 247sports talked to McCullar about the decision.
- Keonte Kennedy, 88 rated SG, named his Top 3 of SMU, Texas Tech and Xavier. He will make his decision on Wednesday, and the Red Raiders seem unlikely to be the choice.
- Both Gach, 80 rated SG, is down to three schools according to Eric Bossi of Rivals. The schools are San Diego State, Texas Tech and Utah, and the article talks about the skills he brings to the court.
- Chris Beard visited Khavon Moore, Kyler Edwards, Matt Mooney and Tariq Owens last week. All four are signees for the 2018 recruiting class. There is one scholarship left for the 2018 class.
- Damari Monsanto, 87 rated 2019 SG, talked with Dan McDonald of Rivals about his recruitment. This includes a little bit about Texas Tech.
- Jalen Suggs, 5-star 2020 CG, received an offer from Texas Tech last week. Suggs is considered one of the top sophomores in the country so far.