Here are your recruiting updates from the past week:
- Maverick McIvor, 84 rated DT-QB, committed to Texas Tech on Monday afternoon. Seth C had a write-up about it, as did 247sports ($), Rivals, and the San Angelo Standard-Times.
- Markel Reed, 84 rated CB, committed to the Red Raiders on Monday. Seth C wrote something, along with 247sports and Rivals.
- Tony Bradford Jr, 79 rated WDE, committed to Texas Tech on Friday. I wrote a quick recap on it, and we also have stories from 247sports ($) and Rivals.
- Peyton Powell, 88 rated WR/S, named Texas Tech in his Top 10 on Monday. Powell is from Odessa Permian, where current DB Desmond Smith went to high school.
- King McGowen, 86 rated OT, received an offer from Texas Tech on Wednesday. McGowen is currently committed to SMU.
- Kyron Cumby, 83 rated APB, received an offer from Texas Tech on Saturday. Cumby is currently committed to Illinois.
- Keivie Rose, 82 rated SDE, received an offer from the Red Raiders on Tuesday. According to 247sports, Rose has 15 offers thus far.
- Alan Orona, Kicker from La Grange, received an offer from the Red Raiders on Thursday. Orona is a 4.5 star kicker and four star punter according to Kohl’s Kicking.
- Josh Webster has transferred from Texas Tech University. This now means there are two scholarships left in the 2018 class. One is likely saved in case Kevin McCullar commits, but Tech can add another graduate transfer if they please.
- Samuell Williamson, 93 rated 2019 SF, received an offer from Texas Tech on Wednesday. Williamson is from the Dallas area and has 25+ offers so far.
- Eddie Lampkin, NR 2020 PF, is receiving interest from Texas Tech. The soon to be junior currently is not ranked and only has offers from Oklahoma, TCU and Texas A&M according to 247sports.