While it is welcome news to hear that Alan Bowman was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon, I hope that the Texas Tech staff is taking all precautions. Your health is one of your most valuable assets in life, and I think all Texas Tech fans want what’s best for Bowman in the long run.
Because of the injury, the Jones was treated to its first long look at Jett Duffey behind center. He almost pulled off the unthinkable before a careless pass late in the game. It was exciting to watch. I do not think there is a controversy, but with Carter’s progress uncertain and Bowman all but ruled out next week, it looks like we’ll see a full game from Duffey in Fort Worth with almost two full weeks for Kingsbury to plan around it. Buckle up.
The State Fair is running their deep fryers on full tilt and our very own South Plains Fair closed up shop for the season last week. We made it out there for lunch on Thursday. Among the items consumed were fried cheese on a stick, masterpiece nachos, and a cheeseburger.
My wife had read about the cheeseburger from New Jerusalem Baptist. The line was long, but it was so worth it: toasted & buttered bun, fresh veggies, lightly season patty with the cheese fully melted. The masterpiece nachos were almost a dare as neither of us had any idea what they were. They were round yellow corn chips covered in nacho cheese, beans, sausage, and fresh pico. Well worth $4.
What are your favorite fair foods?
Checkout this weekend’s sights and sounds:
- The big show in town during the bye week is JAB Fest which starts Friday with Randy Rogers Band, Parker McCollum, Grant Gilbert, and Kaitlin Butts before closing on Saturday with Josh Abbott Band, Casey Donahew, Mike Ryan, Randall King, Charlie Shafter, and Jordan Robert Kirk… whew.
- Tomorrow is the first Friday in October meaning it’s time for the First Friday Art Trail.
- Cook’s Garage will be rocking this weekend with their 2nd Annual Cook’s Showdown Car Show on Saturday and the West Texas Food Truck Championship on Sunday.
- Oktoberfest will be underway at the LHUCA Saturday.
- TTU Softball starts their Red Black series on Wednesday the 10th.
- The Nightmare on 19th Street is rolling along with the At’l Do Corn Maze
- Our friends at The Plains Brew Co. will be open Saturday from 2-9pm.
- Visit the fine folks at Lubbock in the Loop for more Lubbock info.