Here are your recruiting updates from the past week:
- Markel Reed, 84 rated CB commit, recently visited Lubbock and updated his recruitment to Ben Golan of Rivals. The Tech commit talked about visiting for a game for the first time, he parents meeting the coaches and more.
- Chux Nwabuko, 77 rated RB, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. The class currently sits at 117 and there are no running backs committed for the 2019 class. Tech has not gotten a commitment since mid-August.
- Sam Adams II, 90 rated 2020 RB, received an offer from Texas Tech last week. Adams already had double digit offers.
- Khalid Thomas, 90 rated JUCO PF, committed to the Red Raiders on Monday. He was unranked when he committed, but 247sports lists him now as the top JUCO in the country. Seth C wrote a write-up about it and I wrote about the impact of the commitment. Jarret Johnson of 247sports wrote a piece and Ben Golan of Rivals had two pieces (1, 2)
- Terrence Shannon, 90 rated SF, talked to Corey Evans of Rivals about his top schools and a possible commitment date. If I had to guess right now, I’d say Shannon ends up at Illinois or DePaul.
- Fallou Diagne, NR 2020 C, received an offer from Texas Tech last Sunday. Diagne has just the offer from Tech according to 247sports.
- Devin Askew, 5-star 2021 SG, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. Askew has seven offers so far according to 247sports.