Here are your recruiting updates from the past week:
- Travis Koontz, 88 rated JUCO TE, received an offer from Texas Tech on Tuesday. Tech is planning to run an offense with the tight end. Koontz is the first new offer in Wells’ tenure.
- Brandon Joseph, 86 rated S, decommited from Texas Tech on Sunday. Josephn is the fourth defensive back to decommit after the coaching change.
- Markel Reed, 84 rated CB, decommited from the Red Raiders on Monday. It’s unclear weather he is still considering Texas Tech.
- Trey Cleveland, 82 rated WR, is staying committed to the Red Raiders according to Jarret Johnson of InsideTheRedRaiders. Clevelland talks about why in the story.
- Tony Bradford, 79 rated WDE, also is staying committed to Texas Tech according to InsideTheRedRaiders. The info is a behind a paywall.
- Keith Miller III, 85 rated 2020 WR, talked with the coaching staff and reaffirmed his commitment on Wednesday. He tweeted he was “1,000,000% committed”, which is different from the usual 110% or 120%.
- Kendrick Blackshire, 92 rated ILB, received an offer from the Red Raiders on Friday. Blackshire has double digit offers thus far.
- Micah Peavy, 95 rated 2020 SF, talked to Eric Bossi of Rivals about some schools sticking out to him, including Texas Tech. Peavy is the teammate of current Tech signee Jahmius Ramsey.
- Donte Houston Jr, NR 2020 SF, was visited by Texas Tech on Friday. He has no offers so far according to Rivals.
- Jonathan Kuminga, NR 2021 PF, was looked at by Texas Tech this past week. Not much info surrounding the 2021 recruit so far.
RIP the Kliff NORAD Tracker. Introducing, the Wells Traveled (as in “Well Traveled”. I’m so punny). We’ll take a look at where Wells and his assistants have gone since taking over the new job:
- Juice Brown, the new defensive backs coach, said the coaching staff was out to secure the 2019 commits on Wednesday.
- Kee’yon Stewart, 83 rated CB decommit, was visited by Coach Wells and Juice Brown on Wednesday. Stewart is apparently the first recruit Wells has visited. Stewart talked to Jarret Johnson of InsideTheRedRaiders about the visit and if he’s coming back.
- Coach Steve Farmer, the new offensive line coach, visited Lubbock Estacado on Thursday. I’m not sure who he would be looking at.
- Some members of the coaching staff watched a couple games in Longview on Friday. Those include Henderson vs Carthage and Longview vs Spring Westfield. Most likely they went to see Longview play.
- Coach Matt Wells and a few staff members watched high school football game at The Star in Frisco on Saturday. Games played there include Duncanville vs Southlake Carroll and Highland Park vs John Tyler.