Here are your recruiting updates from the past week:
- Travis Koontz, 88 rated JUCO TE, committed to Texas Tech on Sunday. Koontz visited Lubbock this past weekend and was Wells’ first offer as a head coach. InsideTheRedRaiders wrote about him, as did RedRaiderSports.
- Trevor Roberson, 87 rated OT, reaffirmed his committed to the Red Raiders on Wednesday. Roberson never decommitted, but was rethinking his commitment after the coaching change. He also told Zach Tanner of 247sports that he plans on enrolling early.
- Landon Peterson, 86 rated OT, committed to Texas Tech on Monday. He is the first new commit under Coach Wells. Seth C wrote about him, as did RedRaiderSports.
- Maverick McIvor, 84 rated DT QB, recommitted to Texas Tech on Thursday. McIvor committed after the coaching change but decided to commit again a couple weeks later. RedRaiderSports wrote about his recommitment.
- Steven Parker, 90 rated WDE, visited Texas Tech this past weekend according to 247sports. Parker was the highest rated recruit before he decommitted early December.
- Peyton Powell, 88 rated ATH, decommitted from Texas on Thursday. Powell is from Odessa Permian and his teammate, Landon Peterson, committed to Tech this week.
- La’Vontae Shenault, 87 rated WR, decommitted from Texas Tech on Tuesday. Shenault has double digit offers and could be headed to Kansas, where former WR coach Emmett Jones is.
- Brandon Joseph, 86 rated DB, committed to Northwestern on Saturday. Joseph was a Red Raider commit who decommitted after the coaching change.
- Markel Reed, 84 rated CB, committed to Boise State on Thursday. Reed was also committed to Texas Tech before the coaching change.
- Dominic Tatum, 84 rated ATH, visited Texas Tech this past weekend. Tatum is currently committed to Nevada and will decide between the Wolfpack, Colorado State and the Red Raiders this week according to 247sports.
- Austin McNamara, 82 rated P, received an offer from the Red Raiders. McNamara is the top rated punter by 247sports.
- Cole Thomas, 81 rated OT, received an offer from Texas Tech on Saturday. Thomas had an offer from Utah State and has double digit offers.
- Jordy Sandy, 80 rated P, flipped his commitment to TCU on Saturday. That likely explains the new punter offer.
- Brion Murray, NR JUCO CB, received his first D-1 offer from the Red Raiders a couple weeks ago according to 247sports. Murray is likely deciding between Texas Tech and Virginia Tech according to Jarret Johnston.
- Keith Miller III, 85 rated 2020 WR, decommitted from the Red Raiders on Friday. The 2020 class just has one commit right now, but classes aren’t expected to be big this early.
- Troy Omeire, 91 rated 2020 WR, received an offer from Texas Tech on Wednesday. Omeire has 20 offers so far according to 247sports.
- Kevin McCullar, 91 rated SF, is now enrolled at Texas Tech. He was spotted with the team Saturday night during warm-ups.
Coach Wells and the staff went to a few places over the past week. Here’s where they were spotted.
- Luke Wells visited Newman Smith High School on Tuesday. Not sure who Wells was recruiting there.
- Trey Cleveland, 82 rated WR commit, received a visit from Matt Wells and receivers coach Jovon Bouknight on Tuesday. Cleveland stated he feels “comfortable and confident” being a Red Raider.