Here are your recruiting updates from the last week:
- Hayden Hood, NR LS, committed to the Red Raiders on Saturday. Tech has apparently been looking for a long snapper and they got one with Hood.
- Jaylen Watson, 80 rated JUCO CB, named Texas Tech his Top 5 on Saturday. The other schools in his top 5 are Boise State, Toledo, USC and UTEP.
- Luke Rizzo, NR LS, received an offer from the Red Raiders. I doubt its a scholarship offer, but I’m not 100% if it is or not.
- Jett Whitfield, NR ATH, has received an opportunity to play football for Texas Tech. Whitfield led local New Deal to the state championship game and was the Built Ford Tough 2A player of the Year for Texas.
- Darius Snow, 92 rated 2020 S, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. As you will see below, Tech is offering a lot of defensive backs around the size of 5’11-6’1 and around the weight of 180-200 pounds.
- Myles Slusher, 92 rated 2020 CB, received an offer from Texas Tech last week. Slusher has gotten a lot of attention lately and has received a ton of offers in the last week.
- Jalen Huff, 87 rated 2020 CB, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. Huff is currently committed to Oklahoma.
- Christian Gonzalez, NR 2020 CB, received an offer from Texas Tech this past week. Gonzalez has eight offers thus far according to 247sports.
- Nicholas Turner, NR 2020 CB, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. Tech is the lone offer for Turner thus far.
- La’Byreous Moore, NR 2020 LB, received an offer from Texas Tech on Thursday. Wells is keeping his promise of recruiting West Texas by offering the Amarillo Tascosa product and visiting the Lubbock schools multiple times.
- Brandon Frazier, 86 rated 2021 TE, received an offer from the Red Raiders on Friday. Frazier is a tall TE (6’7″) with double digit offers so far.
- Tommy Brockermeyer, NR 2021 OT, received an offer from Texas Tech on Wednesday. Brockermeyer has already several big offers, including LSU and Michigan.
- Will McClendon, NR 2021 SG, received an offer from Texas Tech on Thursday. Tech has no commits for the 2020 or 2021 class thus far, but that’s not ridiculous at this point in time.
- Coach Matt Wells visited FW All Saints Episcopal School on Friday. He could’ve visited to see Clark Hillman (2020 Pro-Style QB), Tommy Brockermeyer (2021 OT) or James Brockermeyer (2021 OC).
- Coach Kerry Cooks visited Liberty Christian Argyle on Friday, Since he is the cornerbacks coach, he likely visited Collin Gamble, an 84 rated 2020 CB. He also could’ve visited Keimoniee Green (2020 DT), Andy Buttrell (2020 OT) and Daniel Greek (2021 Pro-Style QB)
- Coach David Yost visited both Lubbock Coronado and Monterey this past week. One name to look out for is Sawyer Robertson, a 2021 QB from Coronado. There is a lot of hype surrounding him locally. His lone offer is SMU so far.