Here are your recruiting updates from the last couple weeks:
- Alante Brown, 92 rated WR, committed and signed with the Red Raiders on Wednesday. Brown was projected to go elsewhere on 247sports, but choose the school in Lubbock. Brown is Tech’s highest rated commit of the class.
- Quinton Williams, 84 rated WDE, committed and signed with Texas Tech on Wednesday. Williams visited the first weekend of February and also had offers from Arkansas State and UMass.
- Cole Thomas, 81 rated OT, committed and signed with the Red Raiders on Wednesday as a preferred walk-on. Thomas is from Seattle and had an offer from Utah State, Matt Wells’ old school.
- Chance Cover, 81 rated ILB, accepted a preferred walk-on from Texas Tech on Monday. Cover had nearly double digit offers, including military schools like Army and Air Force and Ivy League schools like Dartmouth.
- Dadrion Taylor, 80 rated DB, committed to the Red Raiders on Sunday. Taylor is listed as a running back on 247sports, but will play defensive back at Texas Tech.
- Jonathan Garibay, 75 rated K, accepted a preferred walk-on spot from Texas Tech on Sunday. Wells addressed special teams heavily the last couple months.
- Aaron Castro, NR OT, accepted a preferred walk-on spot from the Red Raiders last week. This is the second player from Hutto is walk-on the team this recruiting cycle, including Chux Nwebuko III.
- Ethan Frasier, NR ILB, accepted a preferred walk-on spot from Texas Tech a week and a half ago. Fraiser had three offers out of high school according to Rivals.
- Steven Parker, 91 rated WDE, committed to Kansas on Monday. Parker was a Texas Tech commit, but decommitted after the coaching change. Texas Tech was still in play for Parker, but choose to follow his high school’s old head coach to Lawrence.
- Velton Gardner, 87 rated ATH, flipped to Kansas on National Signing Day. Gardner was still committed after the coaching change, but followed Emmett Jones to the Jayhawks.
- Kee’yon Stewart, 85 rated CB, committed to TCU on Tuesday. Stewart was a commit under Kingsbury and visited the Red Raiders last weekend before committing to the Horn Frogs.
- Gavin Potter, 81 rated OLB, committed to Kansas over Kansas State and Texas Tech on National Signing Day. I wasn’t sure who he was, but he had one of the most ridiculous commitment videos you’ll ever see.
- Eric Kumah, Virginia Tech WR transfer, is visiting Texas Tech on March 30. Kumah was a mid three star recruit in high school.
- Zachary Evans, 98 rated RB, received an offer from Texas Tech this past week. He’s the No. 6 overall recruit in the nation, so it’s unlikely he comes to Lubbock.
- Branard Wright, 92 rated 2020 DT, received an offer from the Red Raiders. Wright has a huge offer list, including Alabama and LSU.
- Jaylen Garth, 90 rated 2020 OT, received an offer from Texas Tech a couple weeks ago. Garth is leaning towards Arkansas, Texas and Texas A&M according to 247sports.
- Chidozie Nwankwo, 87 rated 2020 DT, received an offer from the Red Raiders a couple weeks ago. Nwankwo has double digit offers according to 247sports.
- Myles Price, 87 rated CB, received an offer from Texas Tech on Friday. RedRaiderSports teased that Price plans to visit Tech later this month.
- Joshua Eaton, NR 2020 CB, received an offer from Texas Tech. Eaton has double digit offers so far according to 247sports.
- Cody Jackson, NR 2021 WR, received an offer from the Red Raiders a couple weeks ago. Jackson has double digit offers thus far.
- Latrell Neville, NR 2021 WR, received an offer from Texas Tech recently. Neville has an impressive offer list for a sophomore with nearly 30 offers.
- Damion Baugh, 90 rated CG, named his Top 3 of Memphis, TCU and Texas Tech on Wednesday. Baugh visited Texas Tech for the TCU blowout win about two weeks ago and was also visited from Coach Cyprien.
- Terrence Shannon Jr, 90 rated SF, talked about his Top 5 schools to Eric Bossi of Rivals last week. In addition to that, Coach Cyprien visited Shannon as well.
- Andrei Savrasov, NR PF from Russia, is signed to Texas Tech and is already on campus. I am unaware if he is on scholarship or not, although I would assume he is being from the other side of the globe.
- Tristen Newton, NR SG, is receiving interest from Texas Tech according to Felix Chavez of the El Paso Times. Newton doesn’t have any offers thus far according to Rivals.
- Micah Peavy, 95 rated SF, is planning to list his Top 5 soon. He is a teammate of current Red Raiders signee Jahmius Ramsey and is nearly a Top 50 player in 2020. He could be the potential big splash next recruiting class.
- Che Evans, 91 rated 2020 SF, was visited by Chris Beard on Tuesday. Evans is one of the best players in the 2020 route.
- Hassan Diarra, 90 rated 2020 PG, received an offer from the Red Raiders. Diarra goes to Putnam Science Academy, where three scholarship Red Raider players attended (Malik Ondigo, Josh Mballa, Russell Tchewa).
- Devin Askew, 96 rated 2021 SG, is considering a visit to Texas Tech according to Corey Evans of Rivals. He has already visited Louisville, Texas and USC.