Good morning everyone. I’ve had a busy few days in getting ready for my vacation, which is set to start this weekend. Taking the family to Taos with a pitstop in Lubbock on Saturday night. I want to show the boys the campus and stadium, might as well start that process now. Sorry things have been a bit abbreviated this week.
Track & Field
— TTU Track & Field/XC (@TTU_TF_XC) July 19, 2016
• Fayetteville Observer’s Bret Strelow has a terrific piece on new Texas Tech assistant coach Brian Burg, who literally started at the bottom to where he is today. Enjoyed this.
• FOX Sports’ Aaron Torres ranks the top ten college football players in Texas and has Patrick Mahomes at #2, behind Myles Garrett, which I don’t have a problem with.
• RRS’s Will McKay writes about the growth of the culture change, which has seemingly started with the type of players they have recruited and strength and conditioning coach Rusty Whitt, who has pushed the players to limits they didn’t know they had, which has instilled quite a bit of closeness with the team.
• RP’s Jarrett Johnson had users submit questions that the players and coaches answered that covers a range of topics, including the strength and conditioning, to the freshmen who may not redshirt, the strength and conditioning again and year two of David Gibbs.
• RRS’s Will McKay writes about the newcomers that are expected to contribute this fall, including Kolin Hill, Ondre Pipkins, Luke Stice, Johnathan Picone, Derrick Willies and other folks.
• DMN’s Chuck Carlton writes about the Big 12 Championship game and the difficulties in doing so, but that may be moot given the Big 12’s decision to expand.