I’m going to be out for the game this Saturday. I mentioned in Friday’s Weekly Conversation that I’ll be taking Youssouf to his first soccer tournament in Granbury. He and I are spending the weekend there and I’m not sure when the games are, but I am sure that my Saturday and Sunday will be absolutely full. The rest of the staff isn’t going to be near a computer, so we’re just going to have to rough it this weekend. I’ll make sure and have open threads posted and Dan is going to help with basketball posts.
Lady Raider Basketball
This is not a good way to start a season.
— Lady Raider WBB (@LadyRaiderWBB) November 13, 2017
Texas Tech Volleyball
— Texas Tech Volleyball (@TexasTechVB) November 11, 2017
Texas Tech Basketball
— Texas Tech Basketball (@TexasTechMBB) November 12, 2017
Texas Tech Football
- A-J Media’s Don Williams: Bearing down: Red-zone defense, takeaways help Red Raiders put away Baylor
- A-J Media’s Carlos Silva, Jr.: Three things we’re talking about: Cantrell, Dorsey have big days while Tech one win away from bowl eligibility
- A-J Media’s Carolos Silva, Jr.: SILVA JR: Coutee notches another special day at AT&T Stadium
- A-J Media’s Don Williams: Tech-Baylor notebook: King Tech’s rushing leader again, but sidelined in fourth quarter
- A-J Media’s Michael LaBarre: How the Texas Tech commitments fared
- A-J Media’s Don Williams: Tech football notebook: Tech discusses football series at Texas Rangers’ new ballpark — There are a couple of interesting things to note here. 1) There is one more year on the Baylor/Texas Tech contract, even years are Texas Tech home games and prefer to play on that Thanksgiving weekend. Moving forward with that series is apparently dependent on how the schedule looks. 2) Texas Tech has also had preliminary discussions with the Rangers about a series at the new Ballpark in Arlington. These are just preliminary discussions, nothing more than that.
- A-J Media’s Don Williams: Backing Kliff: Hocutt says team improved, ‘operated the right way’ — Hocutt continues to be complimentary of his head coach and that’s not a surprise.
“I tell you what, and I’ve said it: Kliff Kingsbury has and continues to do the right things,” Hocutt said. “We are a program that is operated the right way each and every day, and to me it goes back to persistence. You keep doing the right things each and every day, good things are going to happen.
“Kliff continues to operate this program the right way. These kids continue to compete and represent us with class. Good things are going to continue to happen down the road for Texas Tech, and look forward to these next two weeks.”
There was also this bit at the end:
Asked what he expects to be doing in two weeks, Hocutt said, “Celebrating. Celebrating a seven-win regular season and proud of these young men, how they overcame a tough month’s stretch, and it’s a group of young men that I believe in.”
I still think there’s something to needing to win and not finishing out 5-7
- RedRaiderSports’ Brandon Soliz: Takeaways: Red Raiders review win over Baylor, upcoming TCU game and more — These are notes from yesterday’s media availability. Mason Reed is out for the rest of the year, so hopefully he can get back to it next year.