The unwritten rules in baseball are discussed after watching Kody Clemens break them in a win over TCU this past weekend. Here are our top 10:
- Don’t talk to a pitcher about a no-hitter in progress
- Don’t steal or bunt when game is out of hand (4+ runs either way)
- Don’t “pimp” (admire) a homerun (look at, bat flip, celebrate around bases, etc.)
- Don’t show up the umpire or teammates
- Don’t stare down a batter after a strikeout
- Don’t step on the pitcher’s mound
- Don’t bunt to break up a no hitter
- Don’t run up the score in a blowout
- Don’t slide hard into second with your cleats up
- (DO) Hit batters in retribution
Do you like the unwritten rules? Did we miss some? Tell us!
Texas Tech held their spring commencement ceremonies this past weekend and there were 41 Red Raider athletes graduating. Congrats!
The baseball team will be up in Bricktown for the Big 12 Baseball Tournament this week and we dicsuss the Red Raiders’ pitching rotation and bracket matchups.
This week in Going Yard we talk about pulling weeds and breaking out the mower for the first time.