Here are your recruiting updates from the last couple weeks:
- Ainias Smith, 87 rated CB, received an offer from Texas Tech on Tuesday. Smith had 20 offers so far according to 247sports.
- JaTravis McCloud, 84 rated CB, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. He has just a few offers so far.
- Cody Waddell, 2020 P, committed to the Red Raiders on Tuesday. He is the second commit of the 2020 class.
- Darion Green-Warren, 92 rated 2020 CB, received an offer from Texas Tech on Friday. Green-Warren committed to the Sooners back in July.
- Xavion Alford, 89 rated 2020 S, received an offer from Texas Tech on Monday. Alford has 19 offers according to 247sports.
- Donovan Smith, 85 rated 2020 DT-QB, was offered by the Red Raiders on Thursday. Smith is the first QB offered by Matt Wells. He currently also offers from Nevada, San Diego State and Utah State according to 247sports.
- Grant Sherfield, 90 rated CG, is receiving interest from Texas Tech along with Illinois, LSU, Minnesota, Oregon, Purdue and Texas according to Jake Weingarten of StockRisers. Tech has two scholarships open for the 2019 class, three
ifwhen Jarrett Culver declares, and possibly another if we see a transfer.
- TJ Jones, 86 rated WR, was looked at by Texas Tech coaches a little over a week ago according to Jordan Kroeger of the Lake City Reporter.
- Matt Wells visited all the Lubbock ISD schools and other Lubbock schools on the 11th. Wells said in his press conference he would recruit from Lubbock and move out, and he kept that promise right away. He could’ve been looking at 2020 RB’s Isaiah Johnson and Jermiah Dobbins, or 2020 OG Ayden Visage.
- Steve Farmer, the offensive line coach, visited Dawson Pearland on Monday. One player he could’ve look at is Calib Perez, a 2020 6-6, 265 pound offensive tackle.
- Texas Tech visited John Tyler High on Tuesday. They could have visited Ja’Brealen Yarber, a 80 rated 2019 DT, or Rod Hawkins, a 78 rated RB.
- Texas Tech visited Keller Central High on Tuesday. They could have visited DJ Graham, a 90 rated 2020 WR, and Sione Finau, an 81 rated 2019 OG.
- Texas Tech visited Tyler Lee on Tuesday. They could have visited recruits like Jamal Ligon, an 82 rated 2020 SDE.
- Wells visited Southlake Carroll on Tuesday. Carroll is a hub for recruiting talent, which includes RJ Mickens, 93 rated 2020 S, and Andrej Karic, 86 rated 2020 OT, among others.
- Wells also visited Grapevine High on Tuesday. Grapevine was home to Alan Bowman. 2019 WR David Clayton could possibly be someone Wells inquired about.
- Jimmy Wyrick, NR 2021 CB, received an offer from Texas Tech last week. Wells visited South Oak Cliff recently to look at 2020 and 2021 recruits.