Thanks to the always interesting and full of information, Football Study Hall’s Bill Connelly we have some terrific and important stats for receivers. All 18 receivers from last year, including perfect performances by Le’Raven Clark and Patrick Mahomes. But more than that, this gives us some terrific stats to consider.
- Those stats by Jakeem Grant are things of beauty and if anyone ever tells you that guys can’t get better or improve show them this table. Grant had a big issue with dropping passes and he all but solved that this past year, all the while being the guy that had the most targets and most likely the most pressure to be great. That 71% catch rate is outstanding and with nearly 10 yards per target shows Grant’s effectiveness.
- The stats definitely back up what Davis is, which is boom or bust. If he catches the ball, that’s great, but if he doesn’t then that’s bad. The problem is that Davis was 2nd in terms of targets, which means there were wasted opportunities there when he didn’t catch the ball.
- Washington and Stockton were great in terms of their catch rates. The fact that Washington was near 72% is fantastic and if Stockton keeps his rate of 82% then look out.
- Batson. You keep this up, you’re going to be a star. An absolute star. In limited time, just look what he’s done. Watch out.
- The freshman receivers from last year were okay. Brown had the worst year, but playing outside is the toughest spot to play. Giles and Coutee were good and should give you reason to think that things will be better. Coutee has to work on consistency.
- Sadler just needs to overcome his injury situation. It’s clear that Mahomes wants to throw the ball his way, but he could be better catching the ball, even if it’s to get to Grant’s 71%.
- That’s great for Zach Austin and Quinton White. I’m very interested to see how much White gets used thsi year and how much play Austin gets at inside receiver. He’ll catch it if you throw it to him.
|Player||Targets||CatchRate||YdsPerTarget||Target %||YdsPerCatch||Target No.|
|Patrick Mahomes II||1||100.0%||3.0||0.2%||3.0||17|