The West Texas Wine Tour is up and running again this Saturday. One pass will take you to Llano Estacado, Farmhouse Vineyards, and Triple D Winery. It looks like they do this every month, so I’ll do my best to keep all you wine lovers updated.
The Plains Brew Co has another hit on their hands. We stopped by last week for their tavern opening, and tried their new stout: it has the right amount of bitterness and an excellent aroma.
Micky has really transformed the place since I last saw it. It’s kid friendly (we saw quite a few playing board games), there’s pool, darts, and a beanbag toss. At only $3.50/pint, you can’t beat it. There was a great turnout, possibly even a bit more than expected:
He’ll be open on Saturdays from 2-9pm from now on, so head on out!
A few of the upcoming Lubbock happenings (see calendar for more):
- The Caprock Corvette Club is setting up shop at the American Wind Museum on Saturday.
- Jon Wolfe, John Baumann, and Mike Ryan are in town this week
- Texas Tech Sports in action here in Lubbock over the next several days include Women’s Tennis, Track & Field, Men’s Basketball (1/31 v. Texas)
- Lubbock Moonlight Musicals is putting on a concert at the Dream Center on Sunday in an effort combat teenage suicide and to “raise awareness and share a positive message of Hope, Faith, Passion, and Love”
- Looking ahead, the Harlem Globetrotters will be in town on February 5th and the First Friday Art Trail is February 2nd. Also, Dwight Yoakam will be here March 23rd, so pick up tickets soon.