Aside from week 2, every game has made me nervous. Each week is a test, especially these road games with losing streaks dating back to my high school days. OSU has had a soft start to the season and has yet to leave Stillwater to play football. This has given them plenty of time to come up with ways to scare the daylights out of opposing teams.
.@RedditCFB Oklahoma State is using @THEGaryBusey on their new Jumbotron to scare opposing offenses. Quite frankly it scares the defense, offense, coaching staff, fans… literally everyone. pic.twitter.com/fZpWTAHb5J
— Travis Burns (@TravisB06052015) September 17, 2018
Buseyface aside, I still worry about the reliability of Tech’s secondary. Johnson could play, but I would hate for the young man to get back on the field too soon if he’s not at 100%. OSU always fields a formidable offense. Despite losing Anderson, Kyler Murray has led Gundy’s system surprisingly well, including a UCLA win. Please do not question my sources.
I’d like to show you an interesting tweet.
The sweet and tangy sauce at Franks Holy Smoke BBQ uses lemons, oranges, and pineapple juice—it tastes great on the smoked half chicken. And now we’re hungry. https://t.co/gjsHIEkSi7
— Texas Monthly (@TexasMonthly) September 18, 2018
Abraham Franks is the creator behind this masterpiece at Holy Smoke BBQ in Ovilla, TX. The potato in the photo weighs in at 4.37 lb with the article claiming they can get close to 5 lbs at times. Can you imagine? Almost 5 pounds of a smoked baked potato covered in brisket and two kinds of sausage? Even in my high-metabolism glory days, I don’t think I could get anywhere close to putting down this kind of tonnage.
Anyone think they could tackle it in one sitting?
Checkout this weekend’s sights and sounds:
- The Corn Maze opened last week, and I failed to tell you about it. It runs Tues-Sun from now until November 10th
- Another family-friendly event will be the Apple Butter Festival out at The Orchard in Idalou.
- McPherson’s Patio Night is this evening with food from PJ’s Catering and music by Mike Pritchard.
- Wade Bowen, Ross Cooper, and Zac Wilkerson are in town.
- The Lubbock Symphony Orchestra (LSO) performs Friday & Saturday.
- The Flatland Film Festival (FFF) is running this weekend.
- The South Plains Fair starts Friday and runs through September 29th and includes Coliseum Shows all next week.
- West Texas Wine Tours will have you home in time for the OSU kickoff.
- TTU Soccer & TTU Volleyball are in action this weekend.
- The Nightmare on 19th Street kicks off Friday.
- Our friends at The Plains Brew Co. will be open Saturday from 2-9pm.
- Visit the fine folks at Lubbock in the Loop for more Lubbock info.