1. Who is the opponent? The Kansas State Wildcats (1-1, 1-0) host Texas Tech (1-1, 0-1). The Wildcats are coming off of a fantastic win in Norman against the #3 Oklahoma Sooners, 38-35, while Texas Tech is coming off of a 63-56 loss to #8 Texas.
2. What is the time and date of game? The game is Saturday, October 3rd and will be at 2:30 p.m.
3. How do I watch or stream this game? The game will be on FS1 and I presume that you’ll be able to watch on the FOXSportsGo app or site.
4. What’s the opening line? Via OddsShark, the line opened at Kansas State -3.5, but some books have it at -3 and some books had it open at -4 with it fluctuating to -4.5 and most of them are back to -3 to -3.5.
5. Scattershooting, wondering what ever happened to . . . David Fairchild and Elden Auker . . I wasn’t sure how to choose between these two famous Kansas State alumni so I chose both . . . Fairchild is an American botanist, who was born in Lansing, Michigan, but attended Kansas State (because his father was the president) and Fairchild became a plant explorer and introduced soybeans, pistachios, mangos, nectarines, dates, bamboos, and cherries to the United States as well as Pima Cotton. Fairchild visited Egypt in 1902 and eventually helped develop pima cotton grown in the U.S. . . . Auker was maybe Kansas State’s greatest athlete, attending from 1929 through 1932, winning 9 varsity letters, 3 each in baseball, basketball, and football. Auker was wooed by some football teams, but eventually signed with the Detroit Tigers, where he was known for his submarine style of pitching and the first batter he faced was Babe Ruth, who he struck out in 4 pitches, and was the last living pitcher to have faced Ruth . . . head coach Chris Klieman is in his second year as the head coach, much like Matt Wells and Neal Brown for West Virginia, this is interesting in that these coaches were all hired at the same time, Klieman having been at North Dakota State were he was wildly successful . . . Kansas State is multiple on offense in the sense that they will run a bit of everything from a traditional pro-set I-formation with 22 personnel, to a traditional spread out of the shotgun . . . Courtney Messingham is the offensive coordinator that oversees the offense and followed Klieman from NDSU where he led the Bison to a year of 286 and 272 yards rushing per game with less than 200 yards passing a game . . . Joe Klanderman is the defensive coordinator, also following Klieman from NDSU. Klanderman was the defensive backs coach and replaced former defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton who left for Michigan State. . . . Van Malone is the defensive passing game coordinator, Malone being the former Longhorn defensive back . . . the Wildcats run a 4-2-5 with the two tackles being 300+ pounds and the nickel back being more cornerback than safety or linebacker . . .