We’re going to have to quick-hit some notes.
- I forgot to mention yesterday that Mark Adams’ contract was for 5 years and $10 million.
- Texas Tech’s lone commit, Jaylon Tyson, decommitted yesterday and committed to Beard and Texas. This shouldn’t be surprising. It is common for players to commit to a coach, especially a high school kid, and not the program. Tyson probably has spent less than a weekend on campus so this is just how things end up happening and it’s okay.
- Adams offered Northern State 6’8″ forward Parker Fox. Fox averaged 22 points, nearly 10 boards, 2.5 assists and over 3 blocks a game. And as you are getting excited about a possible transfer from another program (yet complaining that a freshman switched allegiances), just remember that there’s most likely a fan who is incredibly sad that a player may be leaving the program that they love. This is just some random Northern State fan who is depressed that Fox is leaving the program.
Wow going to be hard for NDSU to snag this kid now that Texas Tech is in the running. Well, anyway, in some personal news looks like my kids are going to watch me drink irresponsibly and cry while I smoke cigs thinking what it could’ve been if Fox was in the green and gold https://t.co/fUZzwwKRTr
— Phil Stephenson (@StateDad85) April 9, 2021
- If you’d like to watch Fox play basketball, here you go.
- I loved Adams response on if Beard attempted to recruit Adams to Texas, “He wanted to give me a middle seat and wanted me to wear orange, and I didn’t want to do either of those things.” My heart is full.
- Terrence Shannon announced that he would be testing the NBA draft waters, but retain his collegiate eligibility. I hope he can chase his dreams and make all of them come true.
- I’m not sure what happened, but maybe Kyler Edwards recommitted via Twitter and then decommitted? I went to sleep so I missed quite a bit. I hope Edwards comes back, but if he doesn’t, I’ll wish him the best.