Tortilla Tossin’ Player of the Game: De’Vion Harmon probably is the only guy that deserves this, led the team with 14 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 5 steals, and 4 turnovers.
- Got damn.
- Not sure what to do here. This isn’t something I’ve had to deal with in a really long time. This needed to be a game where you brought your defense, limited your turnovers, and brought some energy with two starters who were out the previous game. Iowa State shot 49% from the field and 55% from beyond the 3-point line. The defense appears to be somewhat broken and that’s maybe the biggest issue. The offense turned the ball over 19 times and of those 19 turnovers 18 of them were the starters.
- Iowa State dominated the boards, 45 to 28, including 17, yes 17 offensive rebounds despite having the smaller team.
- Iowa State had 36 points in the paint to just 24 for Texas Tech.
- Texas Tech’s offense produced just 10 assists and that’s to 19 turnovers. The ball is simply not moving anywhere.
- If you think that this team is going to magically get better when Fardaws Aimiq I would question what you are watching. Aimiq won’t solve a large portion of these problems. He will help, but this is disjointed from the top down. Issues need to be solved and I don’t know that my pay-grade is enough to know what that is. The press conference was 3:35 and there were no players made available.
- Head coach Mark Adams: “Patience is gone. We are in urgency mode. We’re going to have to make some major changes. Mainly in effort, attitude and toughness. It takes a lot of effort and work to get this turned around. This is a wake-up call.”
- Up next? Texas on Saturday in Austin at the new Moody Center with tip-off at 7:00 p.m. and the game on ESPN.