- Keenan Evans is just a beautiful basketball player. That sounds weird, but I don’t even care. Evans finally looks healthy and he scored 23 points, I think all in the second half on 6 of 11 and he alone esentially put TCU on their backs defensively. He is so impactful
- TCU’s inability to put the ball in the basket wa a thing of beauty. Seriously, Texas Tech didn’t do themselves any favors by missing free throws late, but they still made over 80% of their free throws. This game was way too close for me, but TCU is pretty good and they’re a tough team to put away.
- Texas Tech got killed on the boards, just dreadful, only grabbing 3 offensive boards, but giving up 15 to TCU. If Texas Tech shores that up, TCU loses by 15, but instead, it’s a 4 point game. Texas Tech shot 50% for the game, and held TCU to 40% overall, 22% from the three-point line and TCU’s ability to stay in the game was largely because TCU crashed thei offensive boards and Texas Tech couldn’t block anyone out.
- Zhaire was going to the rim hard every single opportunity he had and it was really fun to watch. He’s a high-wire act every time he touches the ball. That’s the thing about these freshmen, one game it’s Culver and then the next game it’s Zhaire who socres 15 points on just 9 shots.
- Texas Tech is 11-7, the same as West Virginia, in the Big 12 and finished 2nd overall, 2 games behind Kansas, who lost to Oklahoma State in Stillwater. This is the highest finish for Texas Tech since they’ve been in the Big 12. A credit to Beard, Keenan, Zach, Justin, Niem, and Tommy.
The Red Raiders win one for the seniors.