- Top Five Plays from Kansas Game. Here are your top five plays from the Kansas game. Don’t forget that Texas Tech plays Kansas State on Tuesday night at 7:00 pm.
- Big 12 Probably Doesn’t Get Needed Votes for Deregulation. Via SI, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said that the SEC would not support the proposal presented by the Big 12, which is to permit conferences with no divisions to hold a conference championship game and permit conferences with less than 12 teams to hold that conference championship game. As you all know, the Big Ten filed an amendment that would require conferences to have divisions to hold that conference championship game and now Sankey says that he won’t support any part of the proposal:
Speaking with reporters here for Monday’s national championship game, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said, “From the SEC’s perspective, what’s currently been proposed, we’re not inclined to support.” He would be “interested in seeing if there are ways the Big 12 might be able to accomplish its goal, if it desires, of having a conference championship game with its current membership structure.”
In order to have the Big 12’s proposal pass, it must pass with a majority of the ten FBS conferences.
This of course fuels speculation that in order to have a conference championship game, the Big 12 will now be forced to expand.
- Martin Measures Up. When 2017 Texas Tech QB commit Xavier Martin first committed to Texas Tech, he looked much smaller than his peers, but Martin appears to be officially official in terms of his size:
For those wondering, Texas Tech commit Xavier Martin measured at 6-feet, 171 pounds at the U.S. Army All-American National Combine. #GunsUp
— Carlos Silva Jr. (@cmsilvajr) January 8, 2016
- Wesley Cox in San Antonio All-Star Game.
#GunsUp commit Antoine Cox-Wesley hauls in this short TD pass from Josh Theissen. West up 35-23, :29 left. pic.twitter.com/jNAVzrjydP
— Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) January 10, 2016
- Wickline to WVU. Joe Wickline and Dana Holgorsen coached together while at Oklahoma State and Holgorsen was without an offensive coordinator for a year or two. The thought was that Jake Spavital would go back to Morgantown to coach quarterbacks, but that hasn’t happened.
Gazette-Mail has learned WVU aims to name Joe Wickline offensive coordinator. Contracts for Damon Cogdell, Joe DeForest will not be renewed.
— Mike Casazza (@mikecasazza) January 10, 2016