— Noah Jones 9️⃣2️⃣ (@noahjones87) December 9, 2015
Red Raider Sports Updates: All of these updates were from Red Raider Sports this past week, so have at it.
- Matt Clare writes about Southlake Carroll WR Zach Farrar, who plays both football and baseball (he’s in the Twitter update above) and is 6-3/210 and a 3-star player. Farrar has a a handful of offers, but he seems like he’s pretty confident that he’s going to be drafted at some point. He’ll be on an official visit to Texas Tech this weekend.
- Landon Wright writes that South Oak Cliff defensive end Marvin Terry is likely deciding between Texas Tech, Missouri and Oklahoma State as he is taking visits to all of those programs. Terry played for Emmett Jones, who is Texas Tech’s director of player personnel:
(Coach Jones and I) have a strong relationship. It doesn’t matter what the situation is, we can always talk about it and always keep it real with each other. It’s more than a coach-athlete type relationship. He’s more of a father figure, yet he can turn up with you at times too.” … “I have friends committed to Texas Tech — Clarence (Henderson), Big Joe (Wallace) and Da’Leon Ward.”
- Drew Kohnle writes that Southlake Carroll ATH Lil’Jordan Humphrey, where he’s had an offer for quite some time and he has a bunch of out-of-state offers along with Texas and Texas Tech. Aside from having an awesome name, he’s mainly a receiver or running back. He’s obviously tall and just looking at his video, he runs much bigger than most running backs, but I don’t know if he truly is a running back. I could eventually see a tight end sort of prospect.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wJybsHGL8Y
- Landon Wright catches up with Texas Tech commit, linebacker Jordyn Brooks, who is seeing interest pick up from Arkansas, TAMU and Oklahoma.
- Landon Wright notes that 2017 Lubbock Cooper S Ty Thomas is really focusing on two programs after decommitting from Washington State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, although Thomas admits that he’s keeping his options open at this point.