I haven’t done this the past few weeks, because we are in the middle of baseball season and it’s exciting times for the basketball program. But there was a lot that happened last week, so here’s an update on what has been happening:
- Donovan Smith, 85 rated ATH, committed to Texas Tech a couple weeks ago. Smith currently plays at Bishop Gorman and is the son of Texas Tech’s new RB coach. Seth C wrote about him a while back.
- Ty’Kieast Crawford, 95 rated OT, received an offer from Texas Tech a couple weeks ago. Crawford already has offers from schools like Alabama and USC among others.
- Jay Hardy, 94 rated SDE, received an offer from the Red Raiders two weeks ago. Hardy has almost 30 offers so far according to 247sports.
- Wilson Long, 87 rated DT-QB, decommitted from Texas Tech last week. With Long no coming to Junior Day, it appeared only a matter of time before he decommitted.
- Quin Bright, 87 rated RB, named the Red Raiders in his Top 8 a few weeks ago. Other schools include Arizona, Missouri and Nebraska among others.
- Brynden Walker, 86 rated OLB, received an offer from Texas Tech two weeks ago. However, he ended up committing to Oklahoma State last Monday.
- Jaqwondis Burns, 86 rated OLB, received an offer from the Red Raiders about three weeks ago. Burns has double digit offers thus far.
- Keith Miller, 85 rated WR, named Texas Tech in his Top 8 a couple weeks ago. Miller was originally a commit before the change in coaching staff.
- Daniel Jackson, 85 rated WR, received an offer from the Red Raiders last week. Jackson has double digit offers so far.
- Jon Davis, 85 rated DB, received an offer from Texas Tech this past week. Davis goes to South Oak Cliff, where Tech has recruited heavily the past few years.
- Jalin Conyers, NR TE, received an offer to play at Texas Tech. According to 247sports, they are his lone offer thus far.
- Kobie McKinzie, NR 2022 ILB, was offered by Texas Tech and then committed a couple weeks ago. Matt Wells mentioned in his press conference about recruiting from Lubbock outward, and he has kept his word with this commit.
- Cristian Driver, NR 2022 S, received an offer from the Red Raiders a few weeks ago. Driver is currently a freshman in high school, but already has double digit offers.
- Terrence Shannon, 90 rated SF, will be committing sometime today. The choice will likely be between DePaul, Illinois and Texas Tech. Shannon is from Chicago, and the other two schools are local.
- Damion Baugh, 90 rated SG, committed to Memphis last week. Baugh was down to Memphis, TCU and Texas Tech, and ended up choosing the Tigers. Texas Tech still has at least one more scholarship open.
- Greg Brown, 99 rated 2020 PF, named Texas Tech in his Top 10. Brown is the fifth overall prospect in the 2020 draft. Others schools include Texas (he’s from Austin), North Carolina, Kansas and Tennessee.