1. Who is the opponent? Texas Tech will travel to Stillwater to take on the Oklahoma State Cowboys (5-2, 4-2), who just had the doors blown off of them on Saturday in Bedlam by the Sooners, 41-13. This is the second conference game they’ve lost, the other to Texas in Stillwater at the end of October. Other than that, the Cowboys had wins over West Virginia, Kansas, Iowa State, and Kansas State.
2. What is the time and date of game? November 28th at 11:00 a.m. CST.
3. How do I watch or stream this game? The game is on FOX with the game being streamed on FOXSportsGO.
4. What’s the opening line? Via OddsShark has Oklahoma State as an opening 12.5 point favorite, but that line has dropped to 12 and even 11.
5. Scattershooting, while wondering what ever happened to . . . Gary Busey. Busey was born in Goose Creek, Texas, which is in Harris County, moved to Tulsa in the 4th grade, went to Pittsburgh State to play football . . . on a scholarship . . . where he later transferred to Oklahoma State and then actually quit one class short of graduation. Busey actually started out as a drummer of all things, but really got his start in the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Bridges. As a Texas Tech tie-in, Busey also played Buddy Holly in The Buddy Holly Story and earned an Academy Award nomination. I really remember Busey from his work in Point Break where he played agent Angelo Pappas
. . . the somewhat embattled Mike Gundy is the head coach. In a post-game show, Jim Traber, an Oklahoma sports personality, and former player Rasaun Woods, said that Gundy was in over his head after the loss to Oklahoma, so it sounds like things are going well . . . for me, I’ve always thought that Gundy had done a nice job of hiring good coordinators, Gundy found Mike Yurich from Shippensburg University and then added Sean Gleeson, who he plucked from Princeton, but this year, Gundy promoted Kasey Dunn, a long-time receivers coach and that may not be working out too well . . . Gundy did hire Tim Rattay as the quarterbacks coach, who had coached quarterbacks for the Washington Football Team (not a ringing endorsement). I remember Rattay being drafted and starting a few games for the 49ers . . Jim Knowles is the defensive coordinator, who had been at Duke for more than a handful of years and had done well. The Oklahoma State defense has really been the best part of the Cowboys this year . . . I can honestly say that no other coaches really ring a bell for me and I don’t know anything about them . . .