Tortilla Tossin’ Player of the Game: Kevin Obanor finished his Texas Tech career scoring 14 points on 5 of 10, including 3 of 6 from deep, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 turnovers. That’s not a bad line to finish a career. Salute.
- Last night, Texas Tech and Mark Adams announced that Adams would step down as Texas Tech’s head coach. I am happy Texas Tech fans don’t have a lengthy stalemate between a resignation and a termination. It’s done and we get to move forward.
- As far as the game was concerned, sort of ended with a whimper and I’m okay with that. I never imagined that we’d be where we’re at this morning, but here we are. I don’t blame Corey Williams, an impossible situation for him. As always, I feel bad for the players and the coaches who are dealing with the mess that Mark Adams has made. it’s not their fault.
- After the game, Fardaws Aimaq announced his transfer. I would not expect this to be the only transfer. He finished with 4 points and 4 rebounds. He said he was at 60% and played for his brothers. I wish Aimaq the best moving forward. Sometimes things don’t work out. Go get healthy.
- This was a game where Texas Tech just couldn’t make a shot, Pop Isaacs was 4 of 13 and De’vion Harmon was 6 of 15, so not great. The team as a whole shot 36% from the field, 26% from deep.
- Turnovers were an issue, 15 overall, 9 in the 1st an 6 in the 2nd. The problem is that in the 1st half, the team shot 52%, so that’s good, but combine that with a game’s worth of turnovers in a half. The second half the turnovers were cut down, but shot 23% from the field, including 21% from outside.
- The defense also sort of fell apart in the 2nd half. WVU shot 37% in the first, which is why things were close, but in the 2nd half, the Mountaineers shot 45% from the field and that’s certainly enough when you only shoot 23%.
- Thanks to the players and staff for the year. It will get better because I think there are too many people that care about the program to let it ever slide to the Pat Knight and Billy Gillespie days. Those days are gone.
- Up next? Time will tell. I haven’t had time to process coaching candidates. We’ll get there.