Texas Tech Volleyball
* Go get-em ladies! The match starts at 6:00 p.m. on ESPN3 so make sure and check it out.
Preview – Red Raiders Set for #NIVC Championship Tuesday at Ole Miss
📰➡️ https://t.co/YTzwcvioca #WreckEm pic.twitter.com/6ckwjRRPDf
— Texas Tech Volleyball (@TexasTechVB) December 11, 2017
Texas Tech Basketball
* Texas Tech was ranked 24th in the AP Top 25, while Texas Tech didn’t make the cut in the coaches poll. If you’re into rankings, here you go: NCAA’s Andy Katz has Texas Tech at 29; FanRag Sports’ Jon Rothstein has Texas Tech at 22; and ESPN’s Jeff Borzello has Texas Tech at #23 in his power rankings.
* Keenan Evans was named the Big 12 Player of the Week, the first one of his career.
Congrats to Keenan Evans on winning his 1st @Big12Conference Player of the Week award! 📰: https://t.co/CUfUHgj5Ld #WreckEm #4To1 pic.twitter.com/bwuL7aWWos
— Texas Tech Basketball (@TexasTechMBB) December 11, 2017
* Point guard Hyron Edwards, who originally signed with Texas Tech out of TVCC in Athens, has now signed with Colorado State. Edwards had suffered a concussion and never really recovered or played this year. It also appears that there may not be many minutes available to Edwards the way things are going right now and it appears that Beard wanted to give Edwards a chance to go some place where he’ll get plenty of minutes.
Texas Tech Football
* Former Texas Tech assistant coach and most recently the Cal head coach and last year a TCU assistant coach, Sonny Dykes has been tabbed as the next head coach at SMU. I don’t know if that’s going to work out well for SMU, but Morris recruited the heck out of Texas and I’d imagine that Dykes will need to do the same thing. I don’t know if this is a good move for SMU and I think a lot of this depends on the assistant coaches he hires.
* Congrats to Jack Anderson who was named to the ESPN Freshman All-American Team:
Texas Tech’s highest-ranked offensive recruit in the past decade, according to ESPN’s rankings, Anderson started all 12 games for the Red Raiders, and he regularly graded out as the team’s top offensive lineman. With Anderson, Texas Tech rushed for nearly a yard more per carry than it had in 2016.
* The Dream!
Even BETTER catch.
Can’t stop watching this @_TheDreamIsHere TD. #NEvsMIA #FinsUp pic.twitter.com/e9XwoyYvqq
— NFL (@NFL) December 12, 2017
* Miscellaneous . . . if you’re keeping track, the worst kept secret is that Texas Tech commit Garland LaFrance has decommitted from Texas Tech. LaFrance was originally committed to Tulane before flipping to Texas Tech and now he’s on to TCU. Texas Tech still has Devin Brumfield committed, who I think is a fantastic runner. Let’s hold onto Brumfield and go from there . . . in other recruiting news, Byron Hanspard II ended up committing to Baylor after decommitting from Arkansas. It appeared that Texas Tech, for whatever reason, was really never on the radar for Hanspard . . .