Texas Tech basketball coach Mark Adams said in yesterday’s media scrum that forward Terrence Shannon, Jr. and guard Mylik Wilson won’t be available for the Iowa State game. Adams said that Shannon is getting close, still going through rehab, and that Wilson won’t be ready for the Iowa State game, maybe Baylor. I’ve embedded the video from Carlos Silva, Jr.
Texas Tech mens basketball coach Mark Adams on Terrence Shannon Jr.’s status for Iowa State. pic.twitter.com/9CtbwDKhX1
— Carlos Silva Jr. (@cmsilvajr) January 3, 2022
Since I watched the entire press conference, I’ve done a non-transcript in preparation for tomorrow’s game against the Cyclones. Just as a reminder, the
- Iowa State will be a great test for us, looking forward to playing, very similar to Texas Tech, lots of transfers and hang their hat on defense.
- This is round 1, there’s 18 rounds, it will be challenging, they are coming off a tough loss to Baylor.
- They’ve got a very balanced attack, both teams have to take care of the basketball and have to keep our composure.
- Running a very similar defense to what we’ve run the past 3 or 4 years, will be a toe-to-toe slugfest and will be a challenge to score.
- We’re still improving offensively, hang our hats on offensive rebounding, although our Achille’s Heel has been protecting the basketball. Will continue to crash the boards and push the ball and be more aggressive on the offensive end of things.
- Got to work on our offense and push the ball and be more efficient and gave us a few more days to prepare.
- Daniel Batcho’s size is very important, having a guy like Batcho that can protect the rim and change shots, we put him out a lot of times so we could use his ability, he’s getting better on the offensive side of the ball.
- Adonis, he’s got a tremendous upside, he’s starting to believe in it, he’s starting to believe he can do things, he passes the ball well, we’re pleased to see his progress.
- Part of our defense is full court pressure, we’ll pick and choose that, to change the tempo, we have that in our toolbox and will use that at times.
- Need to make adjustments with our second team, and need to prepare for our challenge, both play aggressive basketball, when we show up on Wednesday, we have to be the toughest team.
- One f the reasons this team has taken a step forward is that they are sharing the ball and making that extra pass, when you look at the stats, we’re one of the top three-point shooting teams in the Big 12. Kevin McCullar takes on that role and shares the ball, doing a good job of spacing the floor and making that extra pass.
- Extremely important, Clarence Nadolny has done a great job off the bench, KJ has done a good job, we expect these guys to play at 100% and we’re subbing out to keep the intensity going.